The 2024 call for applications for the CREID Network Pilot Research Program is now available. This program funds one-year, $150,000 grant projects benefiting early-stage scientists in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). Each CREID Research Center is limited to sponsoring three applications per funding cycle. WARN-ID receives many requests for application support; therefore, we request pre-proposal abstracts to assist our selection process.
If you are interested in submitting a CREID Pilot Research proposal in collaboration with WARN-ID, please email your “pre-proposal abstract” to Michelle McGraw at [email protected] by November 10th, 2023 with the following information:
1. Proposed Project Title
2. Proposed mentor from WARN-ID network
3. Pathogen(s) of focus
4. Project summary/abstract (250 words or less)
WARN-ID PIs will select three pre-proposal abstracts based on the following criteria:
• Meets eligibility criteria as described in the CREID Pilot Program guidelines
• Scientific quality and feasibility of proposal
• Research capacity building in a low- or middle-income country
• Compatibility with WARN-ID aims and expertise
Selected pre-proposal abstracts will be announced on November 22nd. Successful candidates will follow the application process as described in the call for applications with guidance from the WARN-ID team.