The 2022 call for applications for the CREID Network Pilot Research Program is now available. This is a wonderful opportunity for junior researchers to fund short-term projects and join a growing network of international infectious disease researchers.
The Pilot Research Program seeks to support, train, and mentor the next generation of emerging infectious disease researchers where there is a demonstrated need for increased research capacity. The CREID Pilot Research Program is designed for researchers who are in the early stage of their careers, including applicants from lower- and middle-income countries (LMICs) who are poised to lead research studies and postdoctoral fellows and investigators who fit within the NIH definition of New Investigator.
Scientific research project topics could include, but are not limited to:
- pathogen transmission, emergence, or maintenance in an ecosystem
- characterization of viral antigens
- viral diversity
- sociological or behavioral influences on emerging or reemerging viral diseases
- development of reagents and diagnostic assays to improve detection of emerging pathogen
- studies aimed at detailing human immune responses to new or emerging infectious agents.
Successful applicants will be awarded up to $150,000 for a 1-year project. To learn more, please attend CREID’s informational webinar on Oct 12th at 10am ET. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the webinar.
More information the call for applications can be found here: https://creid-network.org/pilot-program